Coodham Estate, Luxurious Country Living. Arrange a viewing NOW. Call our agents Allen and Harris on 0141 616 2424

HISTORY

The widow of William Fairlie built the property in 1826 and called it ‘Williamfield’ in honour of her late husband. James Ogilvy Fairlie, son of William Fairlie upon arriving at Coodham Estate, set about introducing golf into the area and as a result takes his place in golfing history as the founder of both Prestwick golf course and the inaugural British open golf championships.

Sir William Holdsworth took over Coodham Estate and significantly improved the house and its grounds. As a result Coodham Estate became a visitor attraction and a local centre for relaxation with the public making use of the garden for weekend walks and the frozen lake for curling and skating during the winter.

 

 Coodham House in 1859


For further information and to arrange a viewing, contact Slater Hogg & Howison on 01563 540313 or email info@coodham.co.uk